Effective date: 20th May 2018
We are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website and subscribers to our newsletter. When it comes to your personal information, we believe in transparency, not surprises. That’s why we’ve set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
Personal information we collect
We collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide upon subscribing to our newsletter, specifically email address, first name and last name.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as posts to our blog, message boards or forums. Please be aware that information on public parts of our sites is available to others.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of the Services or Users’ sites. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our Users’ sites, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services and our Users’ sites (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for our Newsletter).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services or Users’ sites (including with technologies like cookies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you register for an account using a Third Party Service or when you make payments to us using our payment processor).
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Personal Profile, provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicating with you to tell you about things you’ve asked us about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
- Promotion. To inform you of any new products, services, any upcoming courses or events; or any other promotional offers that you may be interested in.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
How we protect your personal information
We use third-party service providers, Squarespace and MailChimp to maintain this website and protect all your data. Squarespace and MailChimp have a security team dedicated to keeping personal information safe. Both providers maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession. Both providers employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
How we retain your personal information
Our third-party service providers, SquareSpace and MailChimp to retain personal information regarding you or your use of the Services for as long as your Personal Profile is active or for as long as needed to provide you or our Users with the Services. Please refer to Squarespace and MailChimp policies for detailed information about how your information is retained.
Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information either directly in your Personal Profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Personal Profile) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences in your Personal Profile or by following the unsubscribe instruction in the footnote of any of our newsletters.
Visitors to our website
Links to third-party websites
How to contact us